About Ms. Hall

aug 2014 new hair from rogerMy name is Jo Claire Hall, and 2014-2015 marks my 23rd year as an educator.  I’ve been teaching at DeWalt for 22 of those years and feel that DeWalt is the best kept secret in LPISD!

I’m a native to the area, having grown up in Baytown. I attended Sterling High School, and went on to The University of Texas at Austin, where I earned a BA in English and Psychology. (Hook ’em Horns!) I obtained my Texas Teaching Certification from Houston Baptist University, and then received a Master’s Degree in Literature from the University of Houston at Clear Lake.

In 2000, I had the opportunity to teach for the Texas Virtual School through Region IV Education Service Center. I have been with them ever since, and in 2007  the state developed the Texas Virtual School Network, for whom I consult, conducting course reviews for inclusion into the Network’s catalog. I hope to see many of our students take advantage of these excellent online courses, while I continue to grow professionally by teaching online as well.

I recently attended a seminar in which the presenters encouraged teachers to “power up” their classrooms–use the technology that students have at hand to enhance the learning experience. This website is an attempt to do that, and to keep students and parents connected with me and what’s going on in class.

Please feel free to contact me at school or at home:
School: 281-604-6927
School email: halljo@lpisd.org

Home: 281-286-5222
Home email: joclaire@swbell.net

In my spare time, I enjoy reading (of course!) and I’ve added the title of “artist” to my resume.  I create a variety of paintings, drawings, and decorated gift items, as well as custom pieces.  To see more of my artwork, visit my website: Groovy Gal Designs Online.  Personalized senior and graduation items are always popular, so if you’d like to do something special for your student, just contact me and we’ll make it happen!

I look forward to working with all of you to make this a great school year!