Supplies

When your alarm goes off in the morning, you should ask yourself, “Why am I awake at the crack of dawn?  Where am I going?”  The answer, of course, is SCHOOL!  Therefore, just as you grab your cellphone on the way out the door, you also need to grab the supplies you will need in order to be organized and successful in school each day.

zip binders are awesome!

AUGUST 2014 UPDATE:

I am now providing a plastic folder, a spiral, small spiral, a journal, a pen, and a pencil to each student.  Because I paid for these out of my own pocket, I would like for each student to reimburse me $4 for the cost of these supplies.   They will be kept in the classroom for daily use.  

You’ll need these on a daily basis:

• a binder (I suggest a zip-binder, so that all of your materials are in one place and nothing gets lost)

• pens and pencils

• notebook paper (I prefer you use college-ruled, but regular is fine)

• a folder (one for each class)

• a journal (this can be a plain old black and white one, or it can be fancy–it’s up to you)

Other supplies you’ll need through the year:

• markers

• colored pencils

• glue sticks

• poster board

• old magazines (keep a stack of the old ones around your house–you can cut pictures and articles from them)

Future Purchases:

I have a nice selection of library books and novels you may use; however, you may need to purchase 1-2 novels throughout the year.  These can usually be found either in used book stores, such as Half Price Books; used online, at Amazon or Barnes & Noble; or purchased new.  I gladly accept DONATIONS of BOOKS!

Parents: it is imperative that students come to school each day prepared to learn, and having supplies is a vital component in your child’s education.  Please make sure that your child has their supplies, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.