Rules

My philosophy is that all of you start out on Day 1 with a 100 average.  It’s up to you to maintain that 100 average (which I know that all of you are perfectly capable of doing)!  Do your best on each and every assignment.  I promise to teach you new things that you’ve never seen and perhaps never thought of before–that’s my job: to expand your mind!  Together, we can accomplish great things!  So check your attitude, take a deep breath, and SMILE!  It’s going to be a great year!

You Knew There Had To Be Rules…

Class begins and ends at the bell, and the teacher (me!) dismisses the class.

Cell phones should NOT be used during the school day.  I reserve the right to take up your phone if you are using it in class without permission.  You may retrieve it at the end of the day.

iPods should NOT be used during the school day.  I reserve the right to take up your music if you are using it in class without permission.  You may retrieve it at the end of the day.

You may NOT play games on the school computers.  Please see the LPISD Acceptable Use Policies which all students and parents sign as part of the school registration packet.

Bring a pen or pencil daily. If it is a pen, please make it blue or black ink. If you do not have a pen or pencil, ask a classmate BEFORE CLASS BEGINS. If you have no other resort, you may ask me. But, you will be expected to hand me something of value as collateral (e.g. car keys, driver’s license, etc.)

Bring your binder/notebook daily.  You will earn points for having your supplies.  You will lose points for not having your supplies.

You are expected to be prepared for every class.  It is entirely up to you to have read the assigned readings or completed assignments ahead of class, and to come prepared to answer questions and move on to the next task.

Before handing anything in, be sure that it is organized and neat, with an appropriate heading on every page. Anything handed in that is disorganized, lacks a name, or is missing crucial parts will not be scored. You may be asked to redo incomplete assignments–expect this.  I can’t see that you’ve learned something if you haven’t completed the assignment.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Homework WILL HAPPEN from time to time.   If you do not finish assignments in class, then you will need to complete them on your own time, including reading assignments.  Having a job is not an excuse for not being caught up on your assignments…taking care of school business is also your job.

After an absence, you will have approximately 1 day per absent-day to make up any missing work.

Keep your hands to yourself.  Mind your own business.  Leave the drama at the door.

SMILE!  It’s going to be great!